Saturday, 3 December 2011

What have I been doing?

 I haven't felt much like posting recently. But I have been keeping my mind (and hands) busy with a few things.

I've just taken down the Autumn garland. Felt bits and bobs, hand stitched and then machined up the middle of each piece with invisible thread to give me something to hang them with. First four pics are on the carpet (ignore the crumbs - didn't feel much like vacuuming either!) the next two with weird perspective are them in all their hanging glory.
 
 





Next up my (fairly) new toy which I used to make the Halloween biscuits and these little beauties.


(again crumbs - sorry!)



Pickle always asks for some completely inappropriate toy in his bed, something that will poke his eye out in the night, plastic diggers is a favourite. If you've been here before you'll know what's coming next... we needed a crocheted digger!!! But just so you know, I'm not the only one who thinks like this. I found a free pattern at lookatwhatimade for a fabulous fully functioning non eye poking digger. I slightly altered it to give (mine) Pickle's thinner tyres and here it is..



Pretty cool hey?



Nearly done, you'll be pleased to hear. For a couple of girls birthdays in the last week or so I made felt brooches. (They both happen to be grey - not sure why).

A cat..


and an elephant...


that I liked so much I made one for me too!




One's attached to the birthday card the other is already on my cardigan!

The ears are from a shift dress my Nana made in the 60/70's, I altered in the 90's, and used to wear at university. I altered it again recently to make it into a top, although it did still fit it was waaaay tighter and shorter than I will ever wear now! But at least I can use the remnants for lovely little things like this.

...and now on to Christmas makes (I've got a few things in mind and on the hook!)
See you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment