Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Not a lot to show for it.


I have been working hard in the garden, trying to get the veg beds ready, now that Spring is officially here. I've had back ache, been sweating and toiling for hours on end. The trouble with this kind of work is that there's not really much to see.
It makes me happy to look out of the kitchen window and see neat, weed free beds warming in the sunshine ready for their new charges, I just feel they should shine or glitter or something considering all the effort! I suppose the rewards come later.
Anyway try to be suitably impressed as I show you the evidence (and please don't tut at the fact that I haven't weeded the paths yet!)

 Half way..
(the stuff in the closest beds is green manure, not weeds, just so you know!)


all done.


Down the far end is a perennial bed and a fruit bed, as well as some fruit trees in front of the greenhouse.

 The first signs of the rhubarb.


Black, red and white currants; strawberries and raspberries.


After all that exhertion, some light entertainment was required. In the form of cake!
I pitched this as rainbow cake to Pickle, who was delighted to see each bowl of cake mix change colour before his eyes. (I didn't think to get the camera at this point but fear not I made up for that later!)

5 different coloured cake mixes poured into a loaf tin,

came out looking like this!



sliced to reveal a changing pattern of colours,

and leaving a pile of washing up like this!

Pretty cool if you ask me (and Pickle, Chicken and Daddy)!


Lastly I thought I'd show you a quick picture of some beasties made by Chicken when he was sent home ill from school in the midst of the Pickle disaster!


A couple of snails, a ladybird and a nest with two eggs. He may yet get around to painting them.











No comments:

Post a Comment