Friday, 4 May 2012

Happy Star Wars Day!

When you live in a house with boys it's all about the lego, until.... it's all about the Star Wars (of course there's always Star Wars lego to bridge the gap).
For the first time, Chicken understood when I explained why it was Star Wars Day today. In fact he was laughing about it for ages afterwards, "May the Fourth be with you, haaa haaaa haaaa!".
In honour of this event let me share with you what we had for dinner today!

Han Burgers ("Han Burgers, haaa haaaa haaaaa!")
Sunberries
Podpoppers
Lightsabers
Bantha milk
Leia buns




I absolutely stole some of these ideas (just did a google image search) and got further inspiration from wookieepedia! Downloaded a free Star Wars font to make the labels and "Happy Star Wars Day" posters.
Result - 3 happy boys (although Pickle had no idea what we were on about!)

A friend jokingly said it sounded like I had too much time on my hands. I prefer to think of it like this.. Star Wars dinner: important, scrubbing the toilet: not important!

In  slightly related news, we are in the midst of potty training so I haven't really been up to too much making of late. And as seems to be a theme round here, to make things even more exciting Chicken has been off school with tonsillitis (although at least it wasn't the Scarlet Fever which someone in his class has had).

Right I'm off to check for wee behind the sofa (I'm kidding!)

See you soon and May the Fourth be with you!




No comments:

Post a Comment