Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Macarons, headaches and cake

Just over a week ago I went to a friend's housewarming party. As a gift I tried out macaron making in two versions,


confection




and of course crocheted!
A small group of us walked home afterwards and as I made the final 2 minute walk alone to my door it seems I tripped and hit my head. I don't remember anything until waking up in hospital! I was apparently discovered fairly quickly by two police officers who happened to be driving past.
So I spent most of last week on the sofa with swollen head and multiple shades of bruising whilst downing painkillers! I did however record my ever changing right eye 'cause that's the kind of weirdo I am! Scroll down quickly if you are at all squeamish (some of the middle ones are a bit grim).
Edited: I thought better of traumatising you with my hideous disfigurements!! pics removed.

The last one was taken today and I'm just about back to normal, walking the kids to school etc, just a slight  pain on the right side of my head occasionally and a bit of a lump!                                                                
Pickle said to me "Did you bump your head, and your eye is red and purple? You must wash it"! if only it were that simple.


On a much more pleasant, if belated, note I made a couple of things for Grandad's birthday.




A mocha birthday cake,




and a "not 60 yet" rosette (after the copious excitements of Grandma's 60th).
I am hoping for normal service to resume here shortly (I am still having a little bit of trouble concentrating, especially in front of a screen).
Look after yourself



No comments:

Post a Comment