Monday, 11 February 2013

A bit of a rut.

I don't know if it's the weather or the time of year or what, but I'm not really feeling very enthusiastic at the moment.
Maybe the Chinese New Year and upcoming Valentines makes will pull me out of this rut and back on track... we'll see.

So yesterday was Chinese New Year, Kung Hei Fat Choi, and we are now in the year of the snake. Grandma made a Chinese banquet, we slurped noodles for long life and tossed the salad as high as we could for health and happiness and of course we made a couple of things!


Red lanterns with gold glitter and mini dancing dragons displayed with tangerines (luck).





For the end of the meal I made felt fortune cookies with personalised messages, you may just be able to make out that mine says "You will blog about this".. psychic!


Earlier in the week Pickle and I made a crocodile from a cardboard box and tissue paper!


 He took it to nursery for "show and tell".


Finally for today, and only about a month after the event, here's Pickle's half birthday cake (three and a half years old!)

chocolate cake, chocolate frosting... he does like chocolate (or cholocate as he used to call it!).

Tea, cake and Valentines inspiration ahoy!

...in a while crocodile (see what I did there?!) OK I'm going.



No comments:

Post a Comment