Saturday, 15 February 2014

It's not you, It's me!

Honestly, how hopeless can one person be?...

Let's not dwell. Let's just move on with loveliness!

Valentines loveliness ahoy!!




Our double Valentine banner. I was a little disappointed that our string of hearts looked more like a string of carrots when hung up, (even though my 8 year old told me that we'd done a great job and we should be proud of ourselves!) so I decided to go more is more and added these love hearts as well.


Next, both boys were going to Valentines discos at school.... Valentine themed clothing required!
For a dinosaur obsessed 4 year old what could be better than..



a T-Rex trying to stretch his arms as wide as possible?

Chicken wanted a "Heart with an arrow through it tattoo"! Quite specific and not as easy to find a nice example of as I had hoped. Nonetheless...




I spent far too much time Google Image searching "lego Valentine","dinosaur Valentine", "boy Valentine" etc etc but eventually selected three cards..



..a "Yoda best valentine" for Chicken (with glowstick lightsaber), "Rawr means I love you in dinosaur" for Pickle and a quote from Dr Seuss about weirdness for Mr CP!
If you're particularly eagle eyed you may just be able to make out the card that I received! a giant origami heart no less! (it was on the breakfast table surrounded by chocolate marshmallowy teacakes!)
As you can see I stuck them on the kitchen wall next to the giant spoon.


Pickle came home from school with a biscuit he'd made "for someone I love"




and we had an early tea of heart shaped salmon fishcakes (that I failed to photograph) and cake...




..with a secret surprise inside...



I have to say that I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!
I foresee many more hidden surprise cakes in our future (now that I've made one and realised a couple of basic considerations like the relative sizes of hidee and hider!?!)


We then quickly cleaned up, jumped in the car and zoomed off to see "The Lego Movie"!!!!



"Everything is Awesome!"  (it's the theme song).

As we came out Pickle announced "I didn't like The Lego Movie"
Me, "Oh really, why not?"
Him, "I loved it!!!" (laughing)

Kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment